Welcome to the 35th episode of Digital India Podcast on FIR Podcast Network. This show is ‘Weekly Updates’ brought to you by staff and students of Web Marketing Academy.
Key Takeaways from UnLearn Digital Marketing 2016 – A Digital Marketing Event, Exchange of Knowledge, Culture between Dublin City University Students with Students and Digital Marketing Practitioners in Bangalore, India
More Pictures here >>> http://bit.ly/unlearndmpics
Facebook’s Immersive Canvas Mobile Ads
Facebook immersive Canvas Mobile Ads is a new experience which allows advertisers to use a mix of videos, photos and other elements in ways that allow them to showcase their company, product or service the way they want. The full screens ads on the FB mobile app are better than the website itself because they area native to FB, hence performance is better and interactivity is high.
Facebook Inc’s market value soared by $38 billion in morning trading on Thursday, vaulting the company ahead of Amazon.com Inc, after the social networking service’s quarterly results blew away expectations on every key measure. (http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/50759171.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst)
“FB has built a remarkable ad platform that enables marketers of all stripes to serve targeted ads to nearly every consumer on the planet,” Jefferies analysts wrote.
Facebook said it had 1.59 billion monthly active users as of Dec. 31 – about one in every four people in the world. Mobile ad revenue accounted for 80 percent of the total ad revenue in the quarter compared with 69 percent a year earlier.
Mobile phone production in India reaches 100M units
“Earlier in 2014, 68 million (mobile phones) were being manufactured and now 100 million are being manufactured,” Prasad said at Global Business Summit here. (http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/50787600.cms?)
Flipkart will start exchange programs starting with TVs and smartphones
The Bengaluru-based company is launching an exchange programme, starting with smartphones and television sets, that it expects will drive 20% of the sales in these categories by the end of this year.
Read more at:
PM Modi at ET GBS (Global Business Summit) 2016 : Takeaways
· Devil is in the details. Successful implementations have made 2015 the year with highest number of new cooking gas connections to rural poor, production of ethanol as blended fuel, quantity of cargo handled at ports, output of coal & electricity, railway capital expenditure.
· India’s highest ever rank in World Bank Doing Business indicators, was achieved in 2015.
· 3 guiding principles of the economic policy-
o Higher efficiency in allocation of resources – both material and human.
o Creation of new opportunities for citizens to progress.
o increase the quality of life of the common citizen and even more so, the quality of life of the poor with good governance.
· Politics of empowerment – financial inclusion programs such as the one run by govt. that brought over two hundred million unbanked people into the banking system. today these accounts have a balance exceeding over 4 billion dollars. They have been issued debit cards. India is now one of the few countries where the market share of an indigenous credit card brand exceeds 33%. Farmers have been given crop insurance and soil health cards.
· programs ranging from MUDRA to Start Up India and Stand-Up India provide opportunity to the hard working and to the enterprising. In so doing, we have placed special emphasis on Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes and women.
· A key initiative for urban transformation is the Smart City Mission that will involve:
o certain areas in cities will be comprehensively developed in a systematic and qualitative way to serve as lighthouses and inspiration for the rest of the city
o extensive citizen consultation. Nearly 2.5 million people participated through contests, discussions, polls, blogs and talks on the MyGov platform. (5753 Submission in suggestions on budget)
o first time that allocation of funds in a government scheme is done not by decisions of Ministers or officers but on the basis of competition
· Corruption controls:
o appointed several heads of public sector banks from the private sector.
o Transparent auctions have cleaned up the natural resources sector
o Ended political interference and crony capitalism in nationalized banks
· Rationalize and target subsidies
· identifying unnecessary laws and repealing them. 1,827 Central laws have been identified for repeal. Out of these, 125 have already been repealed.
You can share your feedback at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Editor : Bharani