In this weeks episode Pooja, Bharani and Suresh spoke about Resources for wanna be aspiring Digital Marketers and how each one of us started their journey in Digital Marketing, what type of research they did, how they came to know about Digital Marketing, whom did they speak to and everything in between.
The 149th episode of Digital India Podcast on FIR Podcast Network is brought to you by staff and students of Web Marketing Academy
Here are the few steps and resources for anyone who want to get into Digital, can take an informed decision based on some of the steps and resources we shared in the podcast:
Step : 1 – Research Online:
It all starts with research.
- Simple Google search but the challenge with Google search is that whom can you trust, the author, how do you know whether that person who has written that article is an authority in their field?
- So here are few more resources:
- QUORA: https://www.quora.com/content
- Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/DigitalMarketing/
- IAMAI: http://www.iamai.in/
- LinkedIn for Business: https://business.linkedin.com/marketing-solutions/marketing-strategy#all/topics/products/types/all
- Facebook IQ: https://www.facebook.com/iq
- Google Trends: https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&q=digital%20marketing
- Think with Google: https://www.thinkwithgoogle.com/
- Instagram for Business: https://business.instagram.com/?locale=en_GB
Step : 2 – Research Offline:
Talk to someone who is already into Digital marketing field. How to find out?
- Look for alumni for example Go to LinkedIn Web Marketing Academy page and look for alumni’s of WMA. Talk to them, see what they are doing currently including their current job roles, where they are working and do more research on them and connect with them. Ask them: https://www.linkedin.com/school/web-marketing-academy/alumni/
- Network offline including attending events and meetups near you. https://www.meetup.com/
Step : 3 – Play with some tools and self learning:
Tools for self Learning
- Facebook Live – https://live.fb.com/
- Linkedin Pulse – https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/linkedin-publishing-beginner-guide
- Facebook Notes – https://www.facebook.com/help/488014787881885/
- Youtube – https://www.wikihow.com/Upload-a-Video-to-YouTube
- Lynda – https://www.lynda.com/
Online Certification Course
- Google Adwords – https://support.google.com/partners/answer/3154326?hl=en
- Google Analytics – https://analytics.google.com/analytics/academy/
But of course if you like to do an offline Digital Marketing Course we have a guide for you to How to find out the Best Digital Marketing Institutes in India: https://www.quora.com/Which-is-the-best-Digital-Marketing-course-in-india/answer/Suresh-Babu
Podcast Manager & Editor : Bharani
Thanks to Ragan Awards for sponsoring this episode. Use the code INDIA to save 25% on the following:
- The 2017 Video & Visual Awards which will celebrate the best corporate videos and visual
designs from the past year.
· The 2017 PR Daily Awards which will focus on the industry’s most successful PR campaigns,
publications and events.
· The 2017 Ace Awards which honors individual PR practitioners, in-house teams and agencies.