Two of our panelists this week have new employment gigs — Heidi Miller with TimeXtender and Olivier Blanchard with Futurum Research + Analysis — while Cyrus Mavalwala is still with Advantis Communications, the company he founded. Here’s the rundown of our topics of conversation:
- Wells Fargo discussed its crisis management plans during an earnings call. We found a few things to talk about.
- Twitter’s trolls are one of its biggest problems. What can they do (and why haven’t they done it)?
- Press releases are still the best source of news and fact verification for journalists in Asia-Pacific. A survey also reports these APAC journalists are optimistic about the future of their jobs.
- Facebook will allow more graphic or offensive content if it is newsworthy or serves the public interest.
- Dan York devotes his tech report to last week’s cyberattack that closed off access to some of the world’s most popular sites. The panel uses Dan’s report as a launching point for more conversation about the security of the Internet of Things.
- Let’s not talk about the age demographic of Millennials, but the age-spanning demographic of “Perennials.” And while we’re at it, did you know brands have started abandoning gender norms in their marketing and advertising?
- The Harvard Business Review has created a Slack bot while VentureBeat shared 10 bots for office workers.
- Robert Scoble thinks the next iPhone will be a clear glass Mixed Reality viewer. The panel says…well…maybe…
Links to the source material for this episode are on Contentle.
Special thanks to Jay Moonah for the opening and closing music.
About today’s panel:
Olivier Blanchard is a French-born, American-based Brand Management and Digital Marketing consultant, the author of two best-selling books, and an acclaimed keynote speaker. As a Senior Analyst with Futurum Research, Olivier helps organizations better understand the crucial ole that emerging technologies like Cloud computing, Big Data, Virtualization, Augmented Reality, Smart Automation, IoT and AI will play their industries and markets over the next 10 to 20 years. Though based in the US, his geographic range extends beyond North America to Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and Asia. Olivier is the author of the best-selling #1 social business desk reference for digital managers and business executives: Social Media ROI: Managing and Measuring Social Media Efforts In Your Organization (Que/Pearson). Olivier is also a sought-after subject-matter expert and corporate trainer.
Living at the intersection of business and communication, Cyrus Mavalwala, ABC is an award-winning communication strategist, trainer and speaker who has been helping organizations achieve their business objectives for 20 years. After leading teams at global agencies, Cyrus founded Advantis Communications, a B2B PR and content marketing agency that delivers measureable value by integrating traditional, video and social strategies. He also co-founded Act Like An Agency to train communicators on how to evolve from tacticians to strategists within their organization. At the University of Toronto School for Continuing Studies, Cyrus develops curriculum and teaches social media strategy and communications management.
Heidi Miller is Digital Marketing Manager at TimeXtender – The Data Discovery Hub. Heidi is a Content marketing specialist who helps organizations achieve strategized communication and marketing goals by engaging online and offline communities. She is a frequent speaker and is the author of the blog, Talk It Up. Heidi is also a very early podcaster, hosting Diary of a Shameless Self Promoter back in the earliest days of podcasting.