In the November episode of “The Hobson & Holtz Report,” Neville Hobson and Shel Holtz reviewed these stories:
- British Airways management was as unprepared for the iPhone’s AirDrop creating an onboard kerfuffle as flight attendants were
- With the influencer and micro influencer market saturated, marketers now look to nanoinfluencers
- By 2022, most of the skills required for employability will be soft skills
- The length of YouTube videos people will watch on their phones continues to increase
- Gen Z uses text and chat more than any other generation, but how do they feel about new technologies?
- Fake videos have entered the political space; can business be far behind? But new apps can help identify fakes
- Dan York reports on Facebook’s new Lasso app, a Google outage, and “signed exchange”
Special thanks to Jay Moonah for the opening and closing music.
You can find the stories from which FIR content is selected at Shel’s Link Blog.
About Neville Hobson
Neville Hobson was co-host of The Hobson & Holtz Report for over 10 years. For over 15 years, Neville has been a voice of experience and influence when it comes to speaking about digital technologies, disruptive change in workplaces and marketplaces, relevant trends to pay close attention to, and what it all means for your business. His experiences embrace deep understanding and subject-matter expertise in contemporary business issues that include social, digital and cognitive technologies, connecting that with a career in traditional public relations, marketing communication, employee compensation and benefits communication, and investor relations. Based in the Thames Valley some 30 miles west of London, Neville works either from his home office or from a client’s location; or from wherever he has a good network connection.
Links from this week’s episode
- ‘Unacceptable’: Women Cyberflashed On British Airways Flight Criticise Airline Response
- BA’s lack of cyberflashing policy
- British Airway’s Twitter response to cyberflashing incident
- Are you ready for nanoinfluencers?
- These are the skills to learn for the future of work, according to the World Economic Forum
- The Future of Jobs: World Economic Forum Report (PDF)
- Employers’ top training priority for 2018? Soft skills
- Welcome to the age of the hour-long YouTube video
- Tik Tok App: Google Play | App Store
- Gen Zs use text and chat more than any other generation surveyed” –- Is the future of work here?
- Gen Z moves forecast the future of voice technology
- You thought fake news was bad? Deep fakes are where truth goes to die
- Deepfake-busting apps can spot even a single pixel out of place
Links from Dan York’s Tech Report