Neville Hobson handles FIR hosting duties this week, covering these stories:
- Skype has finally enabled audio recording of both ends of a conversation
- The top 10 emerging technologies of 2018
- How The Weather Channel made that insane storm surge animation
- RIP Slideshare; it was good while it lasted
- 17 ideas for using machine learning in communication
In his Tech Report, Dan York reports on Gutenberg 3.8, Yost SEO 8.2, the third anniversary of Let’s Encrypt, and the EU’s misguided copyright directive.
Special thanks to Jay Moonah for the opening and closing music.
You can find the stories from which FIR content is selected at Shel’s Link Blog.
About Neville Hobson
Neville Hobson was co-host of The Hobson & Holtz Report for over 10 years. For over 15 years, Neville has been a voice of experience and influence when it comes to speaking about digital technologies, disruptive change in workplaces and marketplaces, relevant trends to pay close attention to, and what it all means for your business. His experiences embrace deep understanding and subject-matter expertise in contemporary business issues that include social, digital and cognitive technologies, connecting that with a career in traditional public relations, marketing communication, employee compensation and benefits communication, and investor relations. Based in the Thames Valley some 30 miles west of London, Neville works either from his home office or from a client’s location; or from wherever he has a good network connection.
Links from this episode:
- Skype’s latest version now has call recording built in
- Digital Download: Emerging Technologies in Communications (with guest Neville Hobson)
- These are the top 10 emerging technologies of 2018
- How The Weather Channel Made That Insane Storm Surge Animation
- The Weather Channel’s storm surge tweet (with video)
- The Weather Channel created a tornado that tore down their walls
- RIP SlideShare, It Was Good While It Lasted
- 17 Ideas For Using Machine Learning In Communications
- The Small Data Forum Podcast
Links from Dan York’s Tech Report: