With Shel away with a family matter, Dan York stepped in to host this week’s episode, with Gini Dietrich contributing a segment on crisis communications. Topics included:
- Snapchat launches a “Pokemon Go”-style augmented reality Easter Egg Hunt
- Facebook makes some changes to improve user privacy (also here and here)
- On the need for more transparency in social media
- Doc Searls weighs in on all the tracking of media websites – and the impending GDPR
- Why “POSSE” is important
- Is it time for a RSS revival?
- Mozilla’s 20th anniversary – and an effective use of a Twitter Moment
- SpaceX just got approval to launch 4,000+ satellites to provide Internet access
- Gini Dietrich talked about crisis communications and the latest news out of Michigan State (also here and here)
- LinkedIn allows video in your company page newsfeed
- Print isn’t dead yet – people are launching small, indy food magazines
- New DNS tools from CloudFlare
- Something to read: Collaboration and the creation of a new journalism commons
Special thanks to Jay Moonah for the opening and closing music.