Is your agency doing a good job of marketing itself? If you’re like most agencies, the chances are that you aren’t taking enough of the advice you give your own clients.
On this episode, Aaron Strout, CMO of W2O Group, shares his experience as an agency marketer. He talks about how you get more out of the whole team, and why marketing matters beyond new business — including recruiting, M&A, and more.
Topics covered include:
- The intersection of agencies and consulting firms, and how each is getting into the other’s arena
- The role of a CMO in an agency
- How the W2O marketing team functions
- The impact of thought leadership in the agency space
- Using events as an agency marketing tool
- The software and services that provide structure to W2O’s marketing
- Leveraging internal expertise effectively
- How W2O measures marketing success for itself
ABOUT AARON STROUT
Aaron has 25+ years of integrated marketing, social media, mobile, event marketing, advertising experience, CRM and thought leadership with a strong history of building high performance teams. Prior to joining W2O, Aaron spent time as the CMO of Powered Inc. (now part of Dachis Group), VP of Social Media at online community provider, Mzinga, and as Director of Digital Marketing at Fidelity Investments.
Aaron is the coauthor of Location Based Marketing for Dummies (Wiley) and writes a monthly mobile/location-based marketing column on Marketingland.com. He is the host of the award-winning What2Know podcast (iTunes) which features industry leaders talking about innovation and best practices.