Despite the fact that social media and digital become more and more prevalent each and every day the opposite of that is true in that countries around the world are tightening their spam and data privacy laws to protect the very people you are trying to reach. So, it is becoming increasing important that companies have a keen understanding of what marketing activities are compliant and non-compliant so that your marketing efforts don’t get way laid right when they are picking up speed. Sally-Anne Kaminski, Manager, global social media strategy at Zebra Technologies, has been on the front lines of dealing with this topic. In this episode, she shares tales from the battlefield on what it takes to gain approval and launch an advocacy program that is dealing with the privacy issue daily.
- Privacy laws can be a tricky landscape to navigate when developing an employee advocacy program.
- When dealing with an employee advocacy program on a global level and varying privacy laws start by including all the necessary people or possibly necessary people upfront so nothing is missed as you develop your program.
- Compliance is key, but it doesn’t mean you can’t have a successful employee advocacy program.
- Be in the know when it comes to the privacy laws that affect your brand and your brand’s audience as they will impact your employee advocacy efforts.
- Get buy in from all the necessary stake holders five times over as you move forward.
- Find the right partners, like GaggleAMP, to help you navigate the tricky landscape of privacy laws and employee advocacy.
Get 50% off your Ticket to the 2018 AMPlify conference. Got to attendamplify.com and use the code PODAMP.