The co-hosts discuss an article that Gini wrote for Spin Sucks that looks at 6 reasons that agency owners have trouble scaling. The conversation includes lots of actionable ideas — despite Chip’s best efforts to sidetrack things as he struggles to remember high school science basics in making an analogy.
- Reason #1: You Don’t Have a Business Plan
- Reason #2: You Can’t Break Free from Client Work
- Reason #3: Operating In Chaos
- Reason #4: Freakin’ Technology! Who Can Keep Up?
- Reason #5: Not Understanding the Whole “Measurement” Thing
- Reason #6: You Lose Focus
Agency owners are entrepreneurs and Gini notes that tends to come with a certain level of stubbornness. Or as Chip put it: “There’s great similarity between a toddler and an entrepreneur.”
The pair try to help owners break out of this tendency to find solutions and help them scale. As an added bonus, they talk about making beds, splitting atoms, renovating kitchens, and lots of other things to keep you entertained.
- Six Reasons Agency Owners Get Stuck and Can’t Scale
- Do I need a business plan?
- Traction by Gino Wickman
- Built to Sell by John Warrillow